According to the American Heritage Dictionary
a FRIEND is
1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement.
5. Friend A member of the Society of Friends; a Quaker.
friendships can be parasitism
if someone is willing to be the host..
friendships can be mutualism
if both are willing to benefit each
friendships can be commensalism
if you are willing to lend your hands
how you're gonna define your friendships?